Dear Parents and Carers
We are conscious of information in the community that families are required to contact the school to inform us of their young person's attendance status.
At Nimbin Central School we are using the latest DoE guidelines to record student attendance:
• If we have evidence that a student is engaging in work provided then the student will be marked as attending school: Flexible (F) - Students at home engaged in learning.
• If there is no evidence of engagement in work and/or staff have not been able to make contact with parents/carers then the student will be marked absent from school: Absent (A) - There is no evidence of students completing work.
• If a parent/carer contacts the school to inform that their child is sick as per usual arrangements the student will be marked as sick: Sick (S) - Parents advise the school that their child is sick.
Audible Books Resource
Amazon yesterday cancelled the subscription of books and audio stories for children and students of all ages as long as schools are closed, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.
All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet using the following link
School Counsellor Services
At present, our school counsellor service will be "checking in" remotely. You can still refer children and young people to our school counsellor, Julia Tobin, and she can contact students and engage with them remotely.
If you have any concerns around your children's wellbeing please do not hesitate to contact the school on 02 6689 1355 and we can organise this referral for you.
If it is outside school hours and your matter is urgent, please contact any of the following services:
- www.kidshelpline.com.au 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace: eheadspace.org.au
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Mental Health Access Line: 1800 011 511
- In the event of an emergency call 000